- TRIBUTES TO DAVID BOWIE: The famed singer/songwriter died just two days after his 69th birthday, The New York Times reports. Today fans are taking the time to pay tribute to Bowie, through laying flowers at Zizzi’s restaurant in London, Eater reports. Zizzi’s used to be called The Three Tuns pub, and to learn more about the connection between that pub and Mr. Bowie, click here.
2. M&M’S RELEASES EASTER FLAVORS: And this year, it’s all about the strawberry. PopSugar Food reports the little morsels now come in two strawberry filled flavors for Easter: White Strawberry Shortcake and Strawberry Milk Chocolate. To learn more about what the flavors actually taste like, click here.
3. JELLY BEANS WITH A ZING: The founder and inventor of Jelly Belly, David Klein, is looking to make a comeback in the candy world. The Daily Meal reports he’s launched a Kickstarter campaign to create a whole new line of jelly beans; this time with some caffeine in them, and tasting like they’re straight out of a coffee shop. Why he’s all of a sudden doing this now? Click here to read on.
4. ANOTHER LAWSUIT FOR STARBUCKS: Speaking of coffee, a man in South Florida has filed suit against the major coffee chain. Why? VERY hot coffee. Back in May 2015, Christopher Romano says he allegedly suffered second degree burns in his groin area while he was at one of its drive-thru locations, Eater reports. But what makes this case different from other hot coffee lawsuits? Click here.
5. GRANDPARENTS PREDICT 2016 FOOD TRENDS: Yes, grandparents were asked what they think will be the hot trends in the food world this year. Their answers? All over the board (like pineapple, pictured above). To check out this Food52/BuzzFeed Food report of predictions, click here.
And a bonus…. Curious about what its like to play with your food, in space? A video on Eater shows an astronaut explaining exactly that, including M&M’s, and a water bubble. You’ll have to see it to believe it, click here.