When you hear the phrase “dining week,” what do you think of?
The food, the experience, the prices?
Next Tuesday, Feb. 15, starts 11 days of dining around downtown Syracuse for $25 for less. And get this, each of the 22 restaurants will have 3 course meals at these prices. This is a steal!
AmeriCU presents its annual “Dining Weeks in Downtown Syracuse” from Feb. 15 through Feb. 26.
Here are the restaurants participating, from the list provided in the Syracuse New Times and on Downtown Syracuse’s website:
1. Ale ‘N Angus Bar, 238 Harrison St., (315) 426-9672
2. Anthony’s Pasta Bar, 126 E. Genesee St., (315) 422-4669
3. bc Restaurant, 247 W. Fayette St., (315) 701-0636
4. Bistro Elephant, 238 W. Jefferson St., (315)475-1111
5. Bittersweet Wine & Dessert Bar, 127 W. Fayette St., (315) 474-9463
6. Black Olive Mediterranean, 316 S. Clinton St., (315) 399-5599
7. Bull & Bear Pub, 125 E. Water St., (315) 701-3064
8. Byblos Mediterranean Cafe, 223 N. Clinton St., (315) 478-3333
9. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, 246 W. Willow St., (315) 476-4937
10. Empire Brewing Company, 120 Walton St., (315) 475-2337
11. Kitty Hoyne’s Irish Pub, 301 W. Fayette St., (315) 424-1974
12. L’Adour Restaurant Francais, 110 Montgomery St., (315) 475-7653
13. La Taqueria Fresh Mexican, 409 S. Clinton St., (315) 422-8811
14. Lemon Grass, 238 W. Jefferson St.,(315) 475-1111
15. The Mission, 304 E. Onondaga St., (315) 475-7344
16. NAMU, 215 Walton St., (315) 475-0220
17. Opus Restaurant and Lounge, 218 Walton St., (315) 701-1351
18. Pastabilities, 311 S. Franklin St., (315) 474-1153
19. PJ’s Pub & Grill, 116 Walton St. , (315) 478-3023
20. Prime Steakhouse, 101 E. Water St., (315) 299-8047
21. Sakana-Ya Sushi Bar, 215 Walton St., (315) 475-0117
22. Syracuse Suds Factory, 320 S. Clinton St., (315) 471-2253
If you are looking to get out in the next few weeks and try some restaurants downtown that you haven’t tried yet, are looking to take a date somewhere, are heading out with friends for a nice meal, or heck, just want to head out solo (solo eating is fun!), then I most definitely recommend this. $25 is a great price for 3 courses and there are many varieties of food to choose from, including sushi, Mexican, French, and hey, some desserts may be in your future!
One catch to this dining week, however. Beverages, tax & gratuity are not included in the three-course meal, so look to spend a little extra if you want some beverages.
Also, please check out the Downtown Syracuse website for links to some of the restaurants official dining weeks’ menu’s!
Looking for another way to learn about the restaurants for next week? Check out the AmeriCU Dining Week blog, which features behind the scenes looks at some of the restaurants listed!
Downtown Syracuse is also having a Photo Contest for best culinary photography. Here is the listing from the website:
“AmeriCU Dining Week Dish Photo Contest – Show off your culinary photography skills! Take photos of the dishes you eat during AmeriCU Dining Week and post them to our Downtown Syracuse Facebook page wall to be entered in our photo contest. Winning entries will receive the delectable prize of gift certificates to AmeriCU Dining Week participating restaurants.”
All of you photographers out there, get ready for a fun filled dining week!
There is also a Diner’s poll. Here’s what the website says:
“Diner’s Choice Poll – Let your taste buds be heard! Visit our website during AmeriCU Dining Week and let us know what your favorite Dining Week dish was and where you had it by voting in our poll. The People’s Choice for best dish will be announced at the conclusion of AmeriCU Dining Week.”
I hope you all will check out one of the restaurants! I definitely will be checking out some restaurants on this list. Which ones will you check out, Syracuse? Leave a comment below and let me know! 🙂
I’m very excited about this and I hope you are too.