Tonight I started off cooking dinner by making a box of Betty Crocker’s potatoes au gratin to be my side dish (YUMMY!). However, it was while watching Cooking Channel where I got the idea for my protein.
This recipe was inspired from chef Nigella Lawson, who has several cooking shows and cookbooks. On one of her episodes of Nigella Feasts, she dedicates an episode to cooking “Fun Food” for children (and adults!), including “Ritzy Nuggets“, “Blood & Guts Potatoes”, and “Slime Soup.”
As I watched her speak about the “Ritzy Nuggets” I heard her say how buttermilk or plain yogurt can really tenderize the chicken when making the chicken nuggets.
This is when my mind started to ponder…What if I took some flavored yogurt from the fridge, dunked some sliced “Tangy” marinaded chicken breasts from Wegmans in it, dredged them in bread crumbs and make some homemade chicken tenders?
Here’s the result: light, slightly-crisp oven-baked chicken tenders with a tangy, yet sweet cherry taste to them, and just a hint of spice. These were delicious and very easy to make!
Easy Sweet & “Tangy” Chicken Tenders
Serves 1 – 2 people (depending on how hungry you are!) 🙂
2 Wegmans “Tangy” marinaded chicken breasts
1 cup Wegmans organic “vanilla on the bottom” super yogurt
1/2 can breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut chicken breasts in to 1 – 1 1/2 inch slices.
3. In medium bowl, dredge slices in yogurt for 5 minutes.
4. In another medium bowl, fill with breadcrumbs.
5. Dredge each “tender” in breadcrumbs. Place onto baking sheet.
6. Cook for 20-30 mins in oven, until tenders are golden brown.
7. Serve with sauce of your choice.